From a moving home to Moving Pictures Gallery, the birth and re-birth of a 36' International school bus, struggling to become a green vehicle opening its doors literally to artists with something to say and those who long to hear it. Starting from scratch and loving the haters. Welcome to the happiness bus. . .

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Ridiculous Banana Waffle Argument

Night three just ended of horrendous sleep quality.  Only one child was restless enough to come into bed with me (again) although I heard 2 of them talking in their sleep and Mercury was scared enough of the previous night's nightmare that she slept in the top bunk in the boys' room. . .last night it was Matthew who was up, in a seemingly constant state of panic throughout the night.  Wow, there's alot of tension and anxiety in the air around here.  I plan on alleviating some of that by making the bus pretty today.  I am going to finish painting the walls yellow and the little spots on the ceiling and in between the windows a wonderfully calming blue, and giving my mom the material to sew the curtains, and installing the curtain rods.  That's a do-list that I can accomplish for sure in a day. . .

Right now I am still standing my ground that the waffles the boys are eating do NOT have bananas in them.  Samson is adamant about his theory.  I will see, THEN I will paint. . .

Here are photos I took last week.  I have so many photos and videos, but the old G4 I bought off craigslist to replace my shot one is sadly insufficient for video - I'm realizing everytime I pick this up how I got what I paid for. . .little glitches, no DVD player (holy cow!), not enough disk space to upload video or photos,  and for some reason it is exceedingly difficult to download photos from my email.  With all this technology, it would seem getting photos on a blog should be easier.  And bam - there's my complaining done for the day - I've reached my ceiling on whining. .  Here's to a finished paint job today!  And berry waffles!


Mercury took this of me last week, washing the ceiling before painting.  Here's the framed out bunks, loft, kitchen on the right and bathroom on the left.  The bathroom is just the composting toilet - I have a solar shower that will hang outside.  Giving up baths is going to be one of the most difficult transitions for the kids. . .



Figured I'd at least put some sort of exterior photo since I painted it white last fall. . .a blank canvas for artists we meet on the road and in the communities, to represent our nation-wide and even global community through art - a traveling reminder of community. . .



This is the blue that I am painting the ceiling - this was last week as I was doing it.  It's all blue now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment