From a moving home to Moving Pictures Gallery, the birth and re-birth of a 36' International school bus, struggling to become a green vehicle opening its doors literally to artists with something to say and those who long to hear it. Starting from scratch and loving the haters. Welcome to the happiness bus. . .

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The People We Meet

I haven't posted for a long time because of a tiresome and endless work schedual, which is kinda a joke with substitute teaching - I never know when I'll be working all day.  Yesterday I was called in getting ready to take the boys to school - Mercury is always up and takes the bus - it was Ez's class, just a half day, which subsequently turned into a whole day, which is also problematic because Samson gets out at 1:45, the others at 2:45, but the kindness of a new friend allowed me no worries there - as Samson's teacher brought him to the room at 1:45, Samson's friend's mom popped in right after and offered to take him home - amazing the people we meet - she's a single mom of 2 boys and a girl - the eldest the girl, so Mercury and her are buddies now and there is a mutual help involved in the friendship, as well as empathy and understanding.

But that's not what I want to tell you about.

For a couple of years septic has been backing up into the lawn and out onto the street when I do laundry (daily).  I told my mom but it has rested on my shoulders to pay for it until I forced the issue - not to mention I really don't have that money.  She let in and gave me a check.  It turns out to be a nightmare that doesn't much matter here - what does matter is that the roto-rooter man happened to also be a mechanic, a diesel mechanic who was very interested in the bus - who isn't?  He took a look around and crawled underneath, dictating the fuel filter numbers because he deduced that to be the issue with it not starting up for me (did I mention it won't start up for me?).  He swore on it.  He gave me great advice on maintenance, a local garage and checked the oil, even said he'd put in the fuel filters for free when he comes back to fix the nightmare.  The people we meet.  You know?

Beyond that, I have work obligations this weekend at 2 jobs, and social obligations tonight and Sunday, then work again Monday, then I feel like I'm ready to get that blasted insulation blasted in finally and make some phone calls towards the engine conversion.  A friend ran into another friend who happened to be a truck driver last week.  Said second party happens to also be very interested in the bus - who isn't? - so he passed along a number of his boss.  Not sure why, but apparently this third party may have a hand to lend.  The people we meet. . .

1 comment: